BALANCÉ DE COTÉ (Bringing the leg to the front)
You will have seen in previous blog posts that I went into lots of detail about balancé de coté bringing the foot to the back. This diagram (reading right to left) demonstrates bringing the foot to the front which is how we perform our balancé in our grade 3 Waltz Echainement exercise. I will explain in detail below how we perform this step but essentially just think step to the side and then rock forwards and backwards. Typically this step uses a 3/4 time signature and we step the side on count 1, rock forwards on count 2 and then backwards on count 3 repeating right left right left travelling en avant.
1. Start in fifth position right foot in front
2. Right foot to pointe en tendu devant, arms in second, head en face.
3. Dégagé the right foot to second position
4. Lightly jump onto the right leg bringing the left foot to the back of the right ankle take the arms to fourth opposition
5. Bring the left foot through and transfer your weight onto this leg
6. Them drop the weight back onto the right leg
7. Fondu the right leg pointing the left foot to start the balancé to the other side